The updated Device Checkup app gives Canadian smartphone customers even better options for trade-in, repair, and personalized promotions
MCE Systems Ltd., the pioneer of digital-first device lifecycle management (dDLM), has unveiled several improvements to the Mobile Klinik Device Checkup app.
Mobile Klinik provides expert repairs and high-quality, certified pre-owned phones online and in-store. Its upgraded Device Checkup app can be used to solve common device problems by any customer across Canada. It is built on MCE’s dDLM platform and comprises:
- Health Check – a tool that runs diagnostics and gives tips to improve device performance.
- Repair – access to advice on how to fix a device.
- Sell Your Phone – includes tests to determine a device’s current value.
The redesigned version of the app, which was released in October 2023, improves the user experience, simplifies device support, and promotes a more sustainable approach to the mobile device lifecycle. The app acts as a glue, seamlessly connecting Mobile Klinik’s service journeys with commercial processes such as upgrading with a trade-in through one of Mobile Klinik’s trusted carrier partners. Its updated features include:
- A new “promos screen” that offers contextual and personalized offers, making it easier for customers to access in-store deals via an instant store finder, as well as online offers.
- An improved health check process, which introduces smarter options for exploring potential repairs and calculating a device’s trade-in value.
- Custom, device-specific repair pricing to help users better navigate the repair process.
The upcoming changes are just the start of a long-term strategy to create a more seamless and engaging experience for consumers across Canada. In 2024, MCE Systems and Mobile Klinik plan to announce additional new and exciting features.
Braden St. John, Vice President, Products, Marketing & Logistics, Mobile Klinik, said: “The improvements we are making to the Device Checkup app will strengthen Mobile Klinik’s position as Canada’s leading smartphone repair brand, delivering our promise ‘to be Canada’s trusted destination for all things mobile’. It represents another milestone of the 17-year partnership between MCE Systems and Mobile Klinik’s parent company, TELUS.”
Shlomi Silberstein, Managing Director, MCE Systems Canada, added: “The new version of the app enables easy diagnostics, improved repair management, and better trade-ins. It boosts sustainability, too. All these features extend the useful life of a smartphone, which perfectly aligns with MCE Systems’ mission to foster a seamless circular device economy.”
For more information, click here.